Search This Blog

Home

Wednesday 26 March 2008

The Weather Report

My theory is proved. They do shop when the sun is shining.
Today was a beautiful sunny warmish (relatively speaking) kind of a day and the shoppers shopped. I was starting to think there was something wrong with my whole concept. I feel much better now.
Went out: 2 pairs of shoes, 2 shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, a scarf.
Came in: Amazing white long and elegant dinner jacket, size 42R. I'm trying to figure out a way to put it on display on my Man but I have to find a suitable outfit to go with it. That will take some time. I'll try to post a picture of it.
My reading corner: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's a woman's book, I think. I wonder what men feel when they read it. It's like she's talking to her woman friends. One of the customers actually said he tried to read it because his sister recommended it, but he couldn't do it. It's about a writer who leaves everything behind for a year and travels to Italy to eat, to India to pray and to Bali where she finds love (I guess, haven't got that far yet). I got very jealous during her stay in Italy, my most favorite place to be.
She says, among other things, that when everything around you crumbles, things you can feel with your senses are the only ones you can trust. And that it's our obligation to life to find and experience beauty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm sanding to you our darling cousin......can you give her the book ??? i promiss to give it back