Search This Blog

Home

Wednesday 3 July 2013

On the Airwaves about Bartering

http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/2013/07/02/tuesday-do-you-barter-for-clips-and-services/

A call in show on CBC yesterday took my call. I'm the last caller at the end of the podcast.
There was such a short time to explain the concept, and I was a bit nervous, it's not quite clear how the bartering works for me so let me elaborate:
The consigners who choose to spend their share of the sale in the shop use it as credit on their purchase if it is a larger amount, or a reduction from their purchase if it's smaller.
Another bartering experience I didn't get a chance to talk about is this: I got my piano tuned for the price of an expensive pair of glasses. Both of us, the renowned piano tuner Jamie Musselwhite and I, were very happy. He looks cool in his Oliver People's round glasses, and my piano no longer has a sticky middle F#, a very usable key. Not to mention, there is a consigner out there who is due his share of the glasses. He's happy too.

No comments: