Search This Blog

Home

Saturday 29 September 2012

Positives

I haven't done this exercise for a while. I should do it more often, specially in difficult times. When I forget, I am bogged down by the stench emanating from the underbelly of our society and that feels pretty crappy.
Here are the positives for this week:

* Good day today at the shop - no A******ls trying to get something for nothing, rather some nice new customers and some of the regulars I like - appreciative, well spoken, kind. All in all the sort of people I want to come to shop.

* Some first rate items coming in and leaving as soon as I put them on a hanger, even before tagging. I like that.

* The pool at the Y is open again, I got a couple of great swims this week - a lane all to myself after a long read in the sauna. What a privilege.

* Sale items leaving the shop in a steady pace, off to live in people's wardrobes, clearing space for new things to come in. Still a way to go in that department.

* A good movie - Farewell My Queen: Set in Versailles during the last few days of the Queen's life before she lost her head and her kingdom, from a point of view of a mysterious young woman who adores her and lives in the palace, her Reader. Interesting take on an old theme. Well designed, well written, and well acted. And the clothes, to die for. Well, they did...


No comments: