Search This Blog

Home

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Day of Atonement

This is a serious day, in which we are supposed to suffer hardship of hunger and thirst, to remember the sins we have committed all year, and to ask for forgiveness.
I admit I have sinned. We all do, if we are alive. I sin with relish. I sin with dedication, and I sin with joy. Sin is the essence of life.
Granted, most of my sins are mild. I do not get up in the morning with the intent of harming the universe, but I'm sure I contribute in my own special way, like the rest of us.
Forgiveness is overrated. God himself never seems to grant it or believe in anything but punishment. And if it's a Goddess - well, don't all females know how to hold a grudge forever?
In light of this statement, it would be hypocritical of me to atone, and get up tomorrow morning and continue living in exactly the same way.

This is what I'm doing today:
I commit myself to a joyful life of sins, without regret or whimpering whining about forgiveness.


No comments: