Search This Blog

Home

Friday 7 October 2011

What To Say

When, after you spend about an hour helping a customer choose between the many great items he tries on, one after another,
and after he begs you to give him a discount for all the reasons in the world: I'll send you all my friends, I'll be a good customer, I get paid in 2 weeks, I only have this much $$$ - nothing I haven't heard before,
after he changes his mind 3 times about what he is actually going to buy, and you have to renegotiate the prices of everything each time,
after you give the desired discount, which is basically a gift to someone you don't know,
after he takes out of his pocket a wad of cash the likes of which you have never seen before and you know all this BS about not having enough money was just a sob story, a lie,
after the person asks you where you are from and when he realizes you are Jewish he looks at you differently all of a sudden, up and down, sizing you up all over again and then says - Jews are so greedy, they are all so rich.

I foolishly did not throw his money back to him and did not point at the door. I tried to defend my people, but the truth is it feels pointless.

No comments: