Search This Blog

Home

Thursday 13 October 2011

Last Year, Today

Was my father's last day of life. His life lasted 82 years, there was no 83. As I accept this fact, I don't feel sadness.
His life was not short, it was not easy, it was a life full of adventure and passion. I was lucky, as were my numerous siblings. He was not an indulgent father, we were not spoiled, but we were loved and cared for, always, and we did get our share of adventure along the way, on the ships he took to many different countries. There is no cruise ship that can be as good as the real thing - cargo ships. Being the captain's daughter has its advantages. The days I spent on those decks were the happiest I've known. I miss them.
This year has gone by faster than most, and maybe that is a good thing.

No comments: