Search This Blog

Home

Friday 16 September 2011

The Perils of Technology

I don't know how, but someone got my cell phone, and when I called it to see if I can find it, I heard him offering it for sale to someone, so I figured it's not going to find its way back to me.
You all know how long I've resisted cell phones, I've only started to use it a few months ago, and have never used all the minutes I am paying for. Still, I've got accustomed to its usefulness and distraction. Long story short - I got a new one. I feel foolish, I must admit.
How easy it is to become addicted to a silly little toy - that's all it is really, life has been going on without it for a lot longer than any of us can remember. We will go on living without it if we have to. We might even be happier and lighter, most likely. But I suspect we are not going to, not willingly.

No comments: