Search This Blog

Home

Tuesday 23 August 2011

For the Love of Coffee

Coffee is a simple pleasure, yet so important.
Can you imagine not having any when you want some? must be so difficult. I remember episodes in movies about WW2 where desperate people did all kinds of things for a little bit of coffee grinds, and how far they went to get every bit of flavour out of it. It's always in my mind when I empty a filter into the trash and think myself lucky.
The Marriage of Maria Brown comes to mind - has anyone in this country ever seen this movie?

So, I bought an espresso machine. Second hand, of course. I am the queen of second hand. Cragslist has become a habit.

I LOVE my new machine. I take care of it, I clean it like you clean a weapon. I make a great cup of whatever every morning and I say to myself - I don't need to go to another coffee shop as long as this machine is alive.

I think it was a good investment.


No comments: