Search This Blog

Home

Thursday 18 September 2008

Visitors


Today was a day to record. I didn't. But I wish I had recordings of the conversations I had with my visitors today.

One man told me how he and his brother blew their inheritance while their mother was still alive and very sick, on sending her with her best friend of 75 years to a grand world tour cruise on the QE. She died a month after it ended. I implored him to write this wonderful heartwarming story to share with the world. It never occurred to him.

My favorite Canadian grandmother, 82 and counting, invited me to the opening of her art show. And she bought the only item I had for a woman in the shop - a full length fabulous dress coat. She looked so sharp in it, it was irresistible.

My favourite opera singer told me of his latest work, "War and Peace". They sing in Russian. I don't think I'll attend when they open...

And this lovely young lady completely blew me away by telling me she's a minister's daughter. I just had to take her picture...

1 comment:

Renaissance Man said...

Hi Mary, thanks for visiting here and in real life.
Congrats on launching your blog. Looking forward to your posts.