Search This Blog

Home

Friday 15 February 2008

Simply Nice

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, a lovely lady in her 80's, a painter I know from my previous incarnation, popped into the shop. I have not seen her in the last 2 years and feared the worst. And there she was, lovely as ever, cheerful, happy to see me, smiling and curious to look around the shop. I asked her where's she'd been. She had breast cancer and a few other ailments I can't remember but sounded awful, and I could not guess it, she looked in top form. She ended up buying a nice leather jacket as a Valentine's Day present for her husband. Isn't that wonderful?

And, on my way to the movies this evening, I bumped into one of my favorite customers, Douglas the opera singer, wearing a shirt he bought at the shop, looking his most gorgeous self. That was quite pleasing.

No comments: