Search This Blog

Home

Saturday 21 September 2013

JW Anderson - The Worst Designer of our Time?

I think so. His taste and style are simply terrible. I've blogged about his men in skirts before, and I feel his female designs are just as bad. Tasteless, shapeless things that are supposed to be witty but are just unbearably useless, completely unwearable.
See for yourselves, and make no mistake, these are men:




The women's designs are offensive to me on a similar level. Not because I'm a prude, but because they serve no purpose whatsoever - they are not beautiful, they are not pragmatic, they say nothing about the human form in all its glory. On the contrary, I think these clothes are mocking those who wear them, and that is the absolute worse thing a designer can do - to mock his customers.


No comments: