Search This Blog

Home

Friday 9 March 2012

Happy Coincidences

I fell upon this exquisite piece of writing by happenstance. It is a short piece of a long poem, very long, by Stephen Berg - I urge you to read the entire thing, it's worth it. It's called Cold Cash:

"...on certain days a feeling overtakes me, sits like a happy dog in my belly, of being poor, of having nothing but friends and poetry and a warm place to sleep, and it occurs to me that intelligence of this sort is denied to those who cannot hear the crystal howling or see the milky souvenirs or experience the
despair of desire's baleful stare or know the soul's unyielding misery as it lies back letting its voice unfold the nonfactual snakes of light, of a destitute prompt unmotherly hammer driving in the nail, in the dirty unpainted wall of truth is beauty, beauty is truth, you know it and it's enough..."


No comments: