Search This Blog

Home

Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Way

El Camino is a simple film, but that is the source of it's charm. And the scenery, of course. You follow a grieving aging father carrying the ashes of his son on a pilgrimage he never wanted to make, walking across the beautiful mountains and villages of the Pyrenees region which separates Spain and France, over 800 kilometers of it.
It made me want to travel again. I've been to that part of the world a life time ago. Every place I've loved while traveling I thought I'd be back again to spend more time, but life gets in the way of traveling, and I never have. I'll never forget driving through dense clouds and running into a band of wild horses, or the mountainside awash with lavender bushes, or the little village cheese shops, the horrendous night time, nerve wrecking drive through winding, serpentine narrow roads.


No comments: