Search This Blog

Home

Sunday 3 October 2010

Nuit Blanche

Last night I did something crazy: I danced at the Distillery, participating in a communal project called The River Peace, one of the hundreds of art installations of Nuit Blanche. Outside Soma, in the cold night air, moving non stop for 2 hours in a meditative dance, alone in my little pool of light but surrounded by musicians (some better than others) and thousands of spectators passing by.
It was challenging, to say the least. But all and all an interesting experience, uplifting, and despite today's sore muscles, I have no regrets.
I happened to find this: a picture on Flicker that someone took of it.
After my shift was done, I set out to explore a bit of the city's excitements.
At the Royal Conservatory I saw, after waiting in line to get in for about 15 minutes, these cascading vibrating tentacles, and their delicate shadows:


Then we visited our friend Alex explaining his Conspiracy/Cuckoo mobile installed at the Coach house at Spadina House:


On Wed. night last week, on my way to a rehearsal, the sky over the city were ablaze:


I like Toronto.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for posting my Flickr photo on your blog.
That was an interesting night indeed :)

Renaissance Man said...

Thank you for taking the picture of me and my son dancing.