Search This Blog

Home

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Proportions and Prsspectives

We all tend to lose ourselves in our own little worlds, and forget that there are other realities working around us. Some days I find it useful to tell my sons "Get your head out of your a** and look around you, maybe you'll feel better".

There are days I feel the need to say it to people who come into my shop (last Saturday was such a day). I don't, of course. Nevertheless, I wish some people out there would do that from time to time and understand that the universe doesn't revolve around them and their needs. I also wish they would keep their petty little minds and concerns away from me and my reality.

So here is a call to the universal whiner: If you feel you have a petty insignificant grievance, please keep it to yourself and don't inflict it on your fellow citizens. In time you'll see it doesn't really matter. Life goes on.

No comments: