Search This Blog

Home

Monday 9 June 2008

A Truely Memorable Man


I went to Leonard Cohen's concert last night. We dressed our best for him, since I know he always dresses for his audience, and it felt so great to be there. I wore my little black dress, my high heels, my hair was up and a long black silk scarf wrapped around my neck. The guys in my household claimed I looked good even for Leonard Cohen.
The man wore a suit, a grey shirt and a fedora hat. The hat came off at the end of every song, and he waved it for us, and tipped it for his musicians, bowing in appreciation for them with the hat over his heart. He made good use of that fedora.
I finally realize, after so many years of listening to his words and voice, what it was that bothered my father so much when we listened to him: he figured out long before we understood what was drawing us, that these 15 year old girls are listening to a sexy man singing about sex using his bedroom voice, and he just couldn't stand it, his little girls and sex just did not mix well together in his mind.
Leonard Cohen is still in love with us, Women of the Universe, and we are forever grateful. He makes us all feel loved, and weak in the knees.
Curiously though, the loudest "We love you Leni" cries from the audience last night cam from the guys.

No comments: