Search This Blog

Home

Tuesday 13 November 2007

The way things are

The shop is a very active place most of the time. If I'm not selling, I'm busy sorting items, steaming, and rearranging the closet that has become my shop. It's hard to find room for all the fantastic things people bring in, a constant challenge. I find myself at times feeling like I'm drowning in clothes.
When the shop is quiet, I get a little nervous. What if no one wants to buy anything ever again, what will I do will all of these, how will I pay the rent. All my anxieties pop up like undesired windows on a computer screen, and I have to close them one by one. Some refuse to shut down, until the next wave of shoppers floods the place and I tell myself it will all be alright.
Having a good supply of books and dark chocolate helps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

call me enytime i'll came to do shopsitter