Search This Blog

Home

Sunday 24 July 2011

Baby it's Hot Outside


Wednesday was the hottest day on record in Toronto, 39 degrees with a humidex over 40. I admit it was uncomfortable and all I wanted was to stay home with an ice cube pressed to my temple.
This week I kept reminding myself that one of the reasons I live here, is that I can't live like this 5-7 month of the year, bathing in my own sweat and going about my business feeling like a wilted flower;
That there are Places in the world where people sweat like that all the time - how do women keep their makeup on?
But I also remind myself that here, a heat wave passes away within a few days and a beautiful comfortable summer weather is just around the corner, at least for another month.
Also just around the corner are the fall and winter. So lets all suck it up, and soak the heat to store in our bones until then.

No comments: