Search This Blog

Home

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Sad Days

I think I'm expected to snap out of it, but it doesn't seem to happen just like that. Yes, sadness takes it's sweet time, it comes and goes, it overflows, it makes me feel crazy occasionally, but I don't think I am.
I'm allowing myself to stay connected to what is lost - having a father - and to learn to live with the permanency and factuality of something as banal yet incomprehensible as death. I don't quite know yet how to do it.
We tell each other that it really doesn't fit our father to be dead, it doesn't suit him. This must be where thoughts and theories of the after life come from: our inability to comprehend this sharp difference between being, and then not.

And for your listening pleasure: two fantastic songs by the great late Lhasa de Sella.
If you wish to read the translation to the lyrics of the second song (and I recommend you do) click here.

No comments: