Search This Blog

Home

Wednesday 1 July 2009

She is gone

I just heard the sad news of Pina Bausch's death yesterday, June 30, of cancer. I had no idea she was ill when I posted the previous entry. Apparently, neither did she - she died 5 days after being diagnosed.
As the music in Cafe Muller begs: "Remember me", I will remember her as one of the greatest artists of our time.

To view some pictures and information about her click on the post title.


Here is a piece I saw on stage many many years ago, which moved me to tears. Pina Bausch used to say she's more interested in what moves people than in how they move. I somehow doubt that though, when I see the dancers she chose to work with, all marvelous movers, young and old alike. She found the perfect balance combining both physical and emotional movement.

No comments: